ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.
Your current browser is not capable of using this site without JavaScript. Please use an updated browser or enable JavaScript to continue.

Training abroad?

Click here to find out more

Employer affiliated degrees

Practical work experience is a key requirement of the ACA qualification. This is why universities have partnered up with ICAEW authorised employers to offer degrees that combine classroom learning with invaluable work placements.


  1. Gain a degree

    Complete an academic degree that will support your chosen career

  2. Meet employers

    Start your career while at university buy working at a major accountancy firm

  3. Get ahead

    Get a head start on your peers by beginning your career while at university

  4. Qualify faster

    Gain credits towards ACA exam modules and work experience requirements


One of the Big Four multinational auditing firms, KPMG employs more than 12,000 staff in the UK across 20+ offices. KPMG offers tax, assurance, audit and advisory services, as well as risk and management consultancy services.


BPP University

KPMG has joined forces with BPP University and ICAEW to offer a three-year postgraduate programme for students looking to complete the ACA.

The route sees you study full time at BPP University, completing its Graduate Diploma in Accounting (GDA) and 14 of the 15 ACA modules in 12 months.


Another of the Big Four global financial service providers PwC operates in 157 countries offering assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC has partnered with ICAEW and a number of universities to create the Flying Start Programme.

The programme offers you the opportunity to gain a degree, study elements of the ACA and complete a significant proportion of the practical work experience needed to qualify as an ICAEW Chartered Accountant.

In the UK

Degrees offered in partnership with UK universities offer credit to the Certificate and Professional Level modules of the ACA and include three work experience placements at PwC offices.

The placements are paid and take place during term time of your second, third and fourth years on the course.

After completing a Flying Start Programme degree in the UK you will only have to study the three Advanced Level ACA modules and fulfil the outstanding work experience requirements to qualify as an ICAEW Chartered Accountant.

You can join a Flying Start Programme in the UK at Newcastle University, Nottingham University Business School, Henley Business School, University of Reading and University of Manchester, Alliance Business School.  

Newcastle University

Course: BA (Hons) Business Accounting and Finance

Duration: 4 years (full time)

Entry requirements:

  • A levels: AAB (excluding General Studies)
  • International Baccalaureate: 35 points
  • GCSEs: Maths A and English B.

Find out more

The Henley Business School (University of Reading)

Course: BA (Hons) Business and Accounting

Duration: 4 years (full time)

Entry requirements:

  • A levels: AAB
  • GCSEs: Maths A and English B.
  • International Baccalaureate: 35 points

Find out more

Nottingham University Business School

Course: BSc Accountancy

Duration: 4 years (full time)

Entry requirements:

  • A levels: AAB
  • GCSEs: Maths B and two further GCSEs grade C or above.
  • International Baccalaureate: 34 points, including 18 points at Higher Level.

Find out more

University of Manchester

Course: BSc Business Accounting with Industrial/Professional Experience 

Entry Requirements 

A-levels: AAA

International Baccalaureate offer: 36 points overall. 6,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.

GCSE: A Maths B English Language 

Find out more

Queen Mary University of London

Course: BSc (Hons) Accounting 

Entry Requirements 

Grades AAA at A-Level (excluding General Studies, Critical Thinking and Use of Mathematics)

Minimum five GCSE passes including English at grade C or 4 and Maths at grade A or 7.
International Baccalaureate: minimum of 36 points overall, including 6, 6, 6 from three Higher Level subjects

Find out more

Training internationally

If you want to train for the ACA in another country, you must ensure you are entitled to work in that country. It is your responsibility to understand what work visa you need and how to secure one. ICAEW cannot support you in this process, but your potential employer might be able to offer advice.

Sign-up to receive our Graduate newsletter

Sign-up here