ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.
Your current browser is not capable of using this site without JavaScript. Please use an updated browser or enable JavaScript to continue.

ACA training in India

Members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) living in India and other countries who have obtained ICAI membership by complying with its training and examinations requirements can study for the ACA.

Register as a student

Who are we?

ICAEW is the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Founded in 1880, we support more than 150,000 ICAEW Chartered Accountants in 155 countries. Our members have successfully completed our qualification, the ACA.

Register to receive our newsletter

The ACA qualification

The ACA equips you with in-depth knowledge across finance, accountancy and business and is recognised by employers around the world. Our members hold influential positions  across the globe.

Find out more about ACA  

How is the ACA structured?

Members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) are eligible for credit for prior learning for 12 of the 15 ACA exam modules.

This means that to become an ICAEW Chartered Accountant, you need to sit the ACA's three Advanced Level examinations as well as our Ethics learning Programme:


In India exams are held at the British Council and all exams must be pre-booked. When you book on to your exams the admission details will be added to your online training file immediately. Your admission details can then be found in the applications summary section via the examinations tab. 

Please note, exams are also available via Remote Invigilation. 

For ICAI members outside India a number of providers offer ACA tuition in a variety of delivery methods around the world and online.

Read a full list of ACA tuition providers


average annual earnings of ICAEW members in the Asia Pacific region*

* Source: ICAEW salary survey 2015

Registration process

When you register as an ACA student with ICAEW you will need to register as a student at my.icaew.com/studentregistration and send the following supporting documents to applications@icaew.com

  • a copy of your ICAI membership certificate; and
  • a letter of good standing from ICAI.

More information

If you have any questions regarding your application, ICAEW’s student support helpline will be able to help you:

Student Support Team
+44 (0)1908 248 250
Contact us

Join us from another professional body

As a student there are exemptions available for up to 12 of the 15 ACA exams and these can be claimed by applying for Credit for Prior Learning (CPL).

As a member of another professional accountancy body, you may be eligible to join us through one of our reciprocal agreements.

Training internationally

If you want to train for the ACA in another country, you must ensure you are entitled to work in that country. It is your responsibility to understand what work visa you need and how to secure one. ICAEW cannot support you in this process, but your potential employer might be able to offer advice.