ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.
Your current browser is not capable of using this site without JavaScript. Please use an updated browser or enable JavaScript to continue.

Training in Vietnam

If you are based in Vietnam you can qualify as an ICAEW Chartered Accountant as a university graduate. Many students start their journey by studying the ICAEW Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (ICAEW CFAB), before going on to complete the ACA qualification.

Register as a student

Who are we?

ICAEW is the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Founded in 1880, we support more than 150,000 ICAEW Chartered Accountants in 155 countries. Our members have successfully completed our qualification, the ACA.

Register to receive our newsletter

The ACA qualification

The ACA equips you with in-depth knowledge across finance, accountancy and business and is recognised by employers around the world. Our members hold influential positions  across the globe.

Find out more about ACA  

ICAEW Certificate in Finance Accounting and Business progression to the ACA qualification


ICAEW CFAB is a globally-recognised qualification in finance, accounting and business. It is open to everyone and can be studied independently or via a tuition provider.

It is formed of six exam modules covering topics including assurance, law and tax. The exams can be completed in any order and are assessed via computer-based assessment at a local exam-centres. As you pass each module, ICAEW will send you a certificate of achievement.

ICAEW CFAB can be achieved in 12 months. Upon completion, you will receive your ICAEW CFAB qualification certificate.

Read more about ICAEW CFAB

First steps to qualifying as a chartered accountant

The six exam modules which form ICAEW CFAB are also the Certificate Level exams of the ACA qualification.

After completing ICAEW CFAB you can register to study the ACA and complete the remaining nine ACA exams and additional ACA requirements to qualify as an ICAEW Chartered Accountant.

There are a number of entry routes to the ACA programme, ICAEW CFAB being a popular choice, and while the minimum academic entry requirement is two A-levels, or the international equivalent, you don’t need a background in business or finance.

Study ICAEW CFAB in Vietnam

Fast Track your career path into the finance and accountancy profession.


average annual earnings of ICAEW members in the Asia Pacific region*

* Source: ICAEW salary survey 2015

The ACA qualification

University graduates are able to study for the ACA in Vietnam. Excellent spoken and written English is also essential for applicants.

How is the ACA structured?

Full ACA training is available in Vietnam, combining four essential elements:

  1. exams,
  2. practical work experience,
  3. professional development and
  4. ethics and professional scepticism.

Together, these four elements give you the expertise and added-value skills that help define a chartered accountant. You must successfully complete all four elements to complete the ACA qualification and become an ICAEW Chartered Accountant.


Exams are held in Vietnam. You can sit the Certificate Level exam modules computer-based assessments at any time of the year. These can be taken in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Danang. You can sit the Professional and Advanced Level written exams in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.

Tuition providers

ICAEW is working with four tuition providers in Vietnam who have operations in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City:

Open doors to the career opportunities worldwide

Watch this video about Vu Thi Phuong Thao and Trung Linh as they embark on the next stage of their career's in accountancy.

How can you study?

Whatever your existing commitments or preferred learning style, there are study options to suit everyone: classroom tuition, online learning, self-study and more.


This is an ideal option if you want to study for ICAEW CFAB without tutor support. You will need to purchase the official ICAEW CFAB learning materials directly from our distributors, Gillards.

Online learning

Online learning usually involves a mix of tutor sessions and self-study support. Tutor sessions could be delivered online in a number of ways including recorded tutorials or live online tutorials. ICAEW is working with Kaplan to provide online classes at supportive rate for students in Vietnam.

Blended learning

Blended learning allows you to choose the study option you prefer on a module-by-module basis, depending on the level of support you or your employer feels you need. As an example, you could take two modules through online learning, three through classroom tuition and one through self-study. ICAEW Vietnam works with Kaplan to offer blended learning. 

Classroom tuition

You will attend a classroom with other students and be taught by experienced tutors. This environment also allows you to ask questions and network with other students. The cost of ICAEW CFAB learning materials is normally included in the tuition course fees.

Where can you train?

ICAEW’s Vietnam office works with a number of authorised training employers in South East Asia. They can help Vietnamese students who want to continue their training in another country where ICAEW operates, such as Singapore and Malaysia.

Employers who you could train with in the region include:

More information

For more information on studying the ACA in Vietnam contact:

ICAEW Vietnam
+84 (0) 912 122 454

Alternatively, If you have any questions regarding your application, ICAEW’s student support helpline will be able to help you:

Student Support Team
+44 (0)1908 248 250
Contact us

Join us from another professional body

As a student there are exemptions available for up to 12 of the 15 ACA exams and these can be claimed by applying for Credit for Prior Learning (CPL).

As a member of another professional accountancy body, you may be eligible to join us through one of our reciprocal agreements.

Training internationally

If you want to train for the ACA in another country, you must ensure you are entitled to work in that country. It is your responsibility to understand what work visa you need and how to secure one. ICAEW cannot support you in this process, but your potential employer might be able to offer advice.