ICAEW.com works better with JavaScript enabled.
Your current browser is not capable of using this site without JavaScript. Please use an updated browser or enable JavaScript to continue.

ACA training in Nepal

Members of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nepal (ICAN) who have obtained ICAN membership by complying with its training and examinations requirements can study for the ACA.

Register as a student

What is ICAEW?

ICAEW is the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. We were founded in 1880 and support more than 150,000 ICAEW Chartered Accountants in 155 countries around the world.

Our members work in organisations in every industry and are on the boards of 77 of FTSE 100 companies. Our ACA qualification is recognised and respected internationally and required by many finance and accountancy firms.

What we do:

  • Ensure the highest professional standards.
  • Promote, develop and support ICAEW Chartered Accountants.
  • Share expertise to advance the accountancy and finance profession.

How is the ACA structured?

The ACA is a combination of exams, practical work experience, professional development and ethics training.

This means to qualify as an ICAEW Chartered Accountant, ICAN members need to:

  1. pass one of the ACA’s Business Planning examinations and the three Advanced Level examinations;
  2. complete two years post qualiftication practical work experience with an ICA Nepal member firm or at an ICAEW authorised training employer or at a combination of the two;
  3. demonstrate you've met ICAEW’s professional development requirements through your work experience; and
  4. complete ICAEW’s online ethics programme.

Costs of studying the ACA

There are a number of fees associated with completing the ACA and qualifying as an ICAEW Chartered Accountant.

Read a breakdown of the costs for ICAN members


Please contact the Student Support centre for details on the nearest exam centre.

Registration process

When you register with ICAEW you will need to fully complete a registration form:

  • ICAN members with an ICAEW training agreement. Please return your fully completed application form and all required supporting documentation to applications@icaew.com.

You will need to include supporting documents:

  • A copy of your ICAN membership certificate.
  • A letter of good standing from ICAN.
  • A copy of your ICAN Practising Certificate (this is not a requirement, but you will be credited for a year of work experience if you have one).

More information

For more information on studying the ACA in Nepal:

Student Support Team

+44 (0)1908 248 250


Are you a member of another professional body?

If you are a member of another professional accountancy body you may be able to join ICAEW through one of its reciprocal agreements.

Training internationally

If you want to train for the ACA in another country, you must ensure you are entitled to work in that country. It is your responsibility to understand what work visa you need and how to secure one. ICAEW cannot support you in this process, but your potential employer might be able to offer advice.